If you have no insurance or cannot pay, find out if it is possible to arrange for reduced charges and/or set up a payment plan. You can contact your state or county health department, a hospital financial counselor, social worker, or a patient advocate program for more information. You can also contact a cancer organization, such as the Patient Advocate Foundation through the LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare program, for help finding financial assistance.
- Q Is the cost of rehab covered by my health plan or Medicare?
- Q Who can collect Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- Q What help is available to cancer patients for housing needs and costs?
- Q How can I evaluate online healthcare assistance programs?
- Q What help is available to cancer patients for phone service and food costs?
- Q Is there a free health clinic or hospital in Chicago?