If you have no insurance or cannot pay, find out if it is possible to arrange for reduced charges and/or set up a payment plan. You can contact your state or county health department, a hospital financial counselor, social worker, or a patient advocate program for more information. You can also contact a cancer organization, such as the Patient Advocate Foundation through the LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare program, for help finding financial assistance.
- Q What help is available to cancer patients for housing needs and costs?
- Q How can I afford regular breast and cervical cancer screenings?
- Q What are health insurance options for people who qualify as low-income?
- Q How can I evaluate online healthcare assistance programs?
- Q Where can I find local medical and financial help for cancer?
- Q What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?