How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?

To work out if your loved one might benefit from long-term care insurance, consider the following indicators:
  • You or your loved one has high income or more than $100,000 in assets, not including the home and personal items.
  • You or your loved one wants to stay independent without help from the family. Remember though, no one should get a policy if they risk not being able to afford the premiums.
  • You or your loved one is predisposed to ailments that would require prolonged care.
Note: The insurance policy should as a general rule not cost more than 5% of the care recipient’s total income.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
Is medical underwriting in individual health insurance legal?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
States regulate the individual health insurance market. The rules as to who can purchase and what is...
How can I control who gets information about my health care?
SharecareSharecare
By federal law, your medical information is kept private with certain exceptions. Your information m...
What Do You Think About Preventative Care?