How long it takes you to receive a bill from the hospital depends on the type of insurance you have. In general, most hospitals will send you a bill after the insurance company has either paid the bill or denied it. Sometimes the delay comes because your insurance company has not responded to the request for payment from the hospital or doctor’s office. When this occurs, you may be asked to contact the insurance company to ask them to review the request.
- Q When will health insurance start paying my medical bills?
- Q Why did I get a bill from a medical facility if I have health insurance?
- Q Who should contact the health insurance company about my bill?
- Q How do I read an insurance claims loss statement?
- Q Why do I receive questionnaires about billing from my insurance company?
- Q Why do I seem to get so many bills for laboratory services?