How high are the deductibles of a high deductible health plan (HDHP)?

Are you sitting down? I hope so. HDHP deductibles can be at least as much as the average monthly rent for a studio/efficiency in the Big Apple.  We’re talking $2,500 or more (as low as $1,000 if you’re lucky). There are two consolations: 1) At least they warn you. The plan is called a high deductible health plan after all.  2) Your monthly premium is much lower than premiums for other health plans.

Bottom line, look at your budget and the cost for coverage with an HDHP and see how they match up compared to other plans.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
What is the most I am at risk to pay for healthcare per year?
Insurance plans typically carry an out-of-pocket maximum or limit, which is the most you would have ...
How Do You Get Consumers to Engage in Their Health?