How high are the deductibles of a high deductible health plan (HDHP)?

Are you sitting down? I hope so. HDHP deductibles can be at least as much as the average monthly rent for a studio/efficiency in the Big Apple.  We’re talking $2,500 or more (as low as $1,000 if you’re lucky). There are two consolations: 1) At least they warn you. The plan is called a high deductible health plan after all.  2) Your monthly premium is much lower than premiums for other health plans.

Bottom line, look at your budget and the cost for coverage with an HDHP and see how they match up compared to other plans.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

News: US Uninsured Rate Climbs Above 12%
According to recent research by Gallup and Sharecare, the percentage of US adults without health insurance increased to 12.3 percent during the third ...
What is an annuity?
Ric EdelmanRic Edelman
The term annuity simply refers to a stream of income. Pensions and Social Security benefits, for exa...
How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?
CareConsciousCareConscious
To work out if your loved one might benefit from long-term care insurance, consider the following in...
How Important Is the Patient-Doctor Relationship?