How do I get reimbursed under my health reimbursement account (HRA)?

Receiving funds from your health reimbursement account (HRA) may be done in one of a few different ways, depending on your particular account. Some HRAs require you to submit a reimbursement request form or explanation of benefits form, along with proof (such as a receipt) of the medical service for which you have already paid. Other funds may issue you a debit or credit card that you can use at the time of the qualifying service to pay for it directly.

According to IRS regulations, reimbursements from your HRA may be made directly to you, or to others covered under your plan who are seeking the medical services. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
Does coverage end on the dependent’s 26th birthday?
Coverage does not necessarily end on a dependent's 26th birthday. If you are currently covered under...
How do high-deductible health plans work with health savings accounts?
The combination of a health savings account (HSA) and a high deductible health plan (HDHP) can provi...
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?