How do I get reimbursed under my health reimbursement account (HRA)?

Receiving funds from your health reimbursement account (HRA) may be done in one of a few different ways, depending on your particular account. Some HRAs require you to submit a reimbursement request form or explanation of benefits form, along with proof (such as a receipt) of the medical service for which you have already paid. Other funds may issue you a debit or credit card that you can use at the time of the qualifying service to pay for it directly.

According to IRS regulations, reimbursements from your HRA may be made directly to you, or to others covered under your plan who are seeking the medical services. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act
6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act
Get the facts on the Affordable Care Act and what it means for you. Still confused about the Affordable Care Act (ACA)? You're not alone. Now that the...
How Important Is the Patient-Doctor Relationship?
What Does Florida Blue Do That Is Different from Traditional Insurance Companies?
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?