How do I get reimbursed under my health reimbursement account (HRA)?

Receiving funds from your health reimbursement account (HRA) may be done in one of a few different ways, depending on your particular account. Some HRAs require you to submit a reimbursement request form or explanation of benefits form, along with proof (such as a receipt) of the medical service for which you have already paid. Other funds may issue you a debit or credit card that you can use at the time of the qualifying service to pay for it directly.

According to IRS regulations, reimbursements from your HRA may be made directly to you, or to others covered under your plan who are seeking the medical services. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
How do I know if domestic partners are covered under my plan?
To find out if domestic partners are covered under your plan, check directly with your health insure...
Can I have a HRA and a healthcare FSA to cover healthcare costs?
Your employer may choose to offer you a health care flexible spending account (health FSA) as well a...
Health Insurance: Using Data to Improve Health Outcomes