How do I file a health insurance claim?

Dr. Elif E. Oker, MD
Medical Toxicology
To file an insurance claim, you need to check with your insurance company to identify the procedure required for your particular claim.  You might find it helpful to have your care provider assist you in submitting the claim. Even if you have paid your provider at the time of service, they will often assist you in submitting a claim. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
How can I find out the amount of my co-pay?
Your co-pay amount should be listed in your insurance plan documents or even on your insurance ID ca...
What is a “self-insured” health plan?
A self-insured plan is a health plan offered by an employer who collects premiums from employees and...
How Important Is the Patient-Doctor Relationship?