Do incentives for wellness and prevention services benefit businesses?

Do dark chocolate covered strawberries make your mouth water? You betcha. And they’re catching on faster than Lady Gaga’s hit singles. Cleveland Clinic and a number of others are helping companies like GE, LaFarge and Eaton to implement such benefits. Other major companies like IBM have joined this band wagon and are super pumped they did. Weight loss competitions, rebates for healthy-lifestyle choices for you and your family, discounted or free gym memberships (if you use it enough), cancer screenings, weight control, stress control, breathing free (tobacco cessation), flu shots -- the list goes on. These wellness and prevention services and incentives save businesses significant dough by decreasing costs and increasing productivity (ideal combo, no?) and they’re great for you and your family too. It’s a win-win situation. Plus, some involve reduced co-pays or premiums.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
What happens to my health savings account (HSA) if I switch jobs?
You are the owner of your HSA, which means you can take it with you when you leave your current job....
How can I control who gets information about my health care?
SharecareSharecare
By federal law, your medical information is kept private with certain exceptions. Your information m...
Who pays for my travel expenses if I am a living organ donor?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
The donor's medical expenses, including the costs of evaluation and hospitalization, are covered by ...