How can I get help with dental expenses?

Dental assistance programs are available in most states to help people with limited incomes and no dental insurance get the care they need. These programs may be run by volunteer or nonprofit organizations, such as state dental associations, as well as by dental schools, state, county, or city programs. Each dental assistance program has its own rules for eligibility, services and fees. Contact dental schools in your area and your city or county health department for information about the programs that exist in your area. You can also go online to the Bureau of Primary Health Care Web site for help finding free or low-cost dental care.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
If you are currently enrolled in an eligible high-deductible health insurance plan, contributing money to a health savings account (HSA) is a great wa...
How can I find a surgeon who participates in my insurance?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
You can find a surgeon on your insurance by requesting a list of physicians either through a handboo...
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
Ask these five questions to save money and ensure you and your family get the right care. You were offered a new job and you’ve accepted the position—...
What Do You Think About Fee for Service Healthcare?