State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP) is available in most states to provide free or subsidized health care coverage for children (to age 19) from low-income families. Your local Department of Health and Human Services may also provide information about assistance available to pay for medical care for families who meet low-income eligibility. Contact your local Medicaid office or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) through their Web site or by phone for information about S-CHIP.
- Q How can I get health insurance if my employer doesn't offer it?
- Q If I'm uninsured do I have to enroll my child in Medicaid?
- Q Should I buy dental insurance for my toddler?
- Q What are my options to get health insurance for my children?
- Q Why do children need health insurance?
- Q Who can apply for health insurance for my child?