Question

Health Insurance

How can I find affordable health insurance for my children?

• A answered
    Many states offer low-cost or free health insurance for children. Some states also offer coverage for parents at an additional fee. The Insure Kids Now! program, sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), helps families find health insurance for children. For little or no cost, the coverage includes doctor visits, prescription medicines, and hospitalizations. Contact the Insure Kids Now! program in your state to learn more about this program.

State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP) is available in most states to provide free or subsidized health care coverage for children (to age 19) from low-income families. Your local Department of Health and Human Services may also provide information about assistance available to pay for medical care for families who meet low-income eligibility. Contact your local Medicaid office or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) through their Web site or by phone for information about S-CHIP.
Should I buy dental insurance for my toddler?