How can I see an aesthetic dentist when my budget is tight?

I would suggest you seek treatment at a dental school. You can get excellent care, under the supervision of highly trained specialists who are instructing the dental students.  Your other option is to ask the dentist you are being treated by if they accept payment plans, and if this could be arranged before treatment is started. Many dentists do not allow this for elective treatment such as cosmetic procedures, but it is always good to discuss financial matters before any treatment is started.
Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
I realize that aesthetic dentistry is not covered by many insurance plans and it's a financial investment to be taken seriously. There are 2 issues I want you to consider. First, it's worth it, and the benefits you get in confidence, happiness and people's reactions will be worth it tenfold. Second, shop around. Not all dentists are the same.  Don't go to the cheapest one, because like anything in life, you get what you pay for. One of the most economical options if you have time is to find the dental school nearest you and inquire with their aesthetic dentistry program. I work with several dental schools and I am the director of the aesthetic dentistry program at NYU (New York University), and we treat people all the time as part of our educational curriculum for a fraction of the cost they would incur in a routine office setting.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
Hepatitis C (often abbreviated as hep C) is a chronic viral infection that causes inflammation in the liver. Though it often presents with no noticeab...
Why are centralized healthcare models beneficial?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Centralized health care models have been shown to be beneficial. The centralized, coordinated, prima...
What are my rights as a patient?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Many healthcare providers have policies that include a set of patient's rights that all healthcare p...
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?