Is my doctor in the health plan network?

With all the changes in health care and the new rules of managed care, the only way to find out if your doctor is in your health plan network is to check the list of providers.
You can find this list online (if you’re a tech-savvy, junior Bill Gates) or you can call your insurance provider directly. Make sure you have your doc’s full name and address. There are more Dr. Franks than you might think.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
Hepatitis C (often abbreviated as hep C) is a chronic viral infection that causes inflammation in the liver. Though it often presents with no noticeab...
How are my personal health records (PHRs) protected by HIPAA?
ONC Consumer eHealth & Blue ButtonONC Consumer eHealth & Blue Button
Some websites offer a place to store your health records online. These are often called personal hea...
Why are centralized healthcare models beneficial?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Centralized health care models have been shown to be beneficial. The centralized, coordinated, prima...
Who Are the Key Players in Healthy Living?