If I'm uninsured do I have to enroll my child in Medicaid?

If you’re uninsured, you don’t have to enroll your child in Medicaid. But we’d like to encourage you to do so -- it is the best way to get your child health insurance.

Under the Children’s Health Insurance Program, children are eligible for free or low-cost health insurance. The insurance covers expenses such as medication, doctor visits, and dental care. Programs vary by state, so contact your state’s Medicaid office for eligibility requirements.

For more information about children’s health insurance, call 1-877-543-7669, or visit www.insurekidsnow.gov.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle
The plot of the TV series Breaking Bad hinged on the premise that overwhelming stress caused by out-of-pocket costs for cancer treatment could turn a ...
Can I have a HRA and a healthcare FSA to cover healthcare costs?
Your employer may choose to offer you a health care flexible spending account (health FSA) as well a...
How are my personal health records (PHRs) protected by HIPAA?
ONC Consumer eHealth & Blue ButtonONC Consumer eHealth & Blue Button
Some websites offer a place to store your health records online. These are often called personal hea...
Who Are the Key Players in Healthy Living?