Do I have the right to find out how my health information is being used?

According to the Consumer Health Information Bill of Rights, you have the right to a notice that explains how your health information is used. Your healthcare provider must give you a Notice of Privacy Practices that describes the possible uses and disclosures of your health information. You have a right to an accounting of disclosures (as required by law), which is a summary listing of who has received your information. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle
The plot of the TV series Breaking Bad hinged on the premise that overwhelming stress caused by out-of-pocket costs for cancer treatment could turn a ...
What should a transplant recipient know about health insurance?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Insurance has become the ugly word of medicine. With that said, it is important that you know as muc...
What health information is protected by HIPAA?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
Privacy protections apply to your "individually identifiable health information," which means: In...
Who Are the Key Players in Healthy Living?