Do I have the right to request changes to my health information?

According to the Consumer Health Information Bill of Rights, you have the right to identify and request changes or additions to your health information when you believe information is incorrect or incomplete. It is up to your provider whether or not the requested change or addition will be made to the health record. However, your written request for changes or additions will remain with your health record.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
How does my doctor keep my electronic health records private?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Security Rule requires providers to assess the security of their electronic health record ...
Does insurance cover hospice care?
Coverage may be available through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, and some hospices ma...
How Do You Get Consumers to Engage in Their Health?