What should I do if I can't afford my blood pressure medication?

R M. Firth, MD
Family Medicine
Studies have shown that some of the least expensive blood pressure medications--such as many diuretics--are just as effective in controlling your blood pressure as most of the newer, brand-name drugs. If you’re worried about cost, talk to your doctor. There may be a less expensive drug or a generic form you can use instead.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
How does out-of-pocket spending work?
Out-of-pocket expenses are the costs of your health care you have to pay yourself. Your insurance do...
What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If an insurance claim that has been submitted to the insurer to cover medical expenses is denied, co...
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?