Can I stop a service provider from releasing my health information?

According to the Consumer Health Information Bill of Rights, you have a right to request a limit on the medical information released to others involved in your care or the payment of your care. Your provider has the right to deny the request, but must provide you with a reason if it cannot be met. However, a request to keep information from your healthcare insurer must be granted if you pay for the service in full at time of delivery. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
When will health insurance start paying my medical bills?
After your enrollment, your health insurance will start paying some of your medical expenses right a...
What should a transplant recipient know about health insurance?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Insurance has become the ugly word of medicine. With that said, it is important that you know as muc...
In What Ways Do You Think the American Healthcare System is Broken?