Can I choose my own doctors with the Fee-for-Service (FFS) plans?

You may select your own doctors with the Fee-for-Service (FFS) plans. If you really want to, you could open the phone book (do people even still have them??), close your eyes, and point to a random doc. That’s because you can see any doctor of your choosing and at any time you choose (assuming the doc has availability then). That’s the beauty of a FFS plan. You get the ultimate freedom of choice.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
If I'm at risk for breast cancer, will insurance cover genetic counseling?
Shelly WeissShelly Weiss
For the most part, insurance does cover genetic counseling. For the consultation, if there is a pers...
What should I know about my health insurance before going to the ER?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Once an emergency brings you to the ER, the details of your insurance coverage will be secondary...
What Do You Think About Preventative Care?