Can I file a complaint about the way my health information is handled?

According to the Consumer Health Information Bill of Rights, you have the right to file a complaint about the way your health information is handled including, but not limited to, privacy and security concerns. You have a right to expect a timely response and resolution. A complaint or violation can be reported to the organization and/or other state or federal agencies.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
What are the different types of public health insurance?
There are two main types of public insurance: Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid is a state-run progra...
What happens to the health reimbursement account (HRA) if I leave my job?
Your health reimbursement account (HRA) is established, funded and controlled by your employer and H...
In What Ways Do You Think the American Healthcare System is Broken?