Are there limits with travel insurance?

There are limitations with most insurance policies. That's why it's important to have a reputable insurance agent discuss the policy with you before you make a commitment. Also, before you sign on the dotted line, make sure your insurance agent is well aware of your needs.

Every insurance policy has limitations. Travel insurance is no different. That’s why you need to read your policy carefully before signing on the dotted line. But you might need to invest in a quality set of magnifying glasses so that you can actually see all the fine print.

If you’re having trouble figuring out what exactly is covered, call your insurance provider, travel agent, or the Bureau of Consular Affairs (part of the United States Department of State). An agent should be able to walk you through all the details.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
If you are currently enrolled in an eligible high-deductible health insurance plan, contributing money to a health savings account (HSA) is a great wa...
What is an annuity?
Ric EdelmanRic Edelman
The term annuity simply refers to a stream of income. Pensions and Social Security benefits, for exa...
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
Ask these five questions to save money and ensure you and your family get the right care. You were offered a new job and you’ve accepted the position—...
Why Do You Call Yourselves a Health Solutions Company?