Are geriatric oncology assessment costs covered by insurance plans?

The cost of a geriatric oncology assessment (cancer prevention) will be covered in your wellness plan visit for Medicare if you get one, and will probably be covered by your health insurance plan if you are over 65, or by Medicare, but it depends on your plan. To find out for sure, call the insurer’s customer service number, your local Social Security office, or the Medicare Helpline. The staff at your doctor’s office may also be able to help you

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
What is term life insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
As the name suggests, term life insurance is meant to be held for a specific period of time (the “te...
How can I control who gets information about my health care?
SharecareSharecare
By federal law, your medical information is kept private with certain exceptions. Your information m...
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?