Are geriatric oncology assessment costs covered by insurance plans?

The cost of a geriatric oncology assessment (cancer prevention) will be covered in your wellness plan visit for Medicare if you get one, and will probably be covered by your health insurance plan if you are over 65, or by Medicare, but it depends on your plan. To find out for sure, call the insurer’s customer service number, your local Social Security office, or the Medicare Helpline. The staff at your doctor’s office may also be able to help you

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How do I check that my insurance covers breast cancer surgery expenses?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Prior to admittance, you need to check with both the hospital and your health-insurance carrier to d...
How much coverage will an elderly person need for long-term care insurance?
Cara Mae MeltonCara Mae Melton
You will need to do the math to figure out how much coverage an elderly person will need for long-te...
What is permanent life insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
Permanent life insurance is the type of life insurance you would buy to cover financial obligations ...
How does my doctor keep my electronic health records private?
SharecareSharecare
Your doctor designates a privacy official who is responsible for making sure your medical records ar...