Find Info on Your State’s
Select Your State
Fast FactsDiscover 6 things you must know about the ACA
Up to 50%
The percentage of people under age 65 who have a preexisting condition
Top Affordable Care Act Q&As
How does the health reform law make it easier to get health insurance?
The new health care law makes it easier to obtain health insurance in the following ways: The new law creates health insurance exchanges for those who can’t get coverage through their job. Exchanges will be set up in every state . . .
- Q What are rules about coverage for dependents?
- Q What are the advantages of buying insurance through a Marketplace?
- Q How will U.S. healthcare reform affect my quality of care?
- Q Does the ACA limit my choice of providers?
- Q How does the ACA affect insurance for women?
- Q How does U.S. healthcare reform affect Medicare?
- Q Under healthcare reform, will I be fined if I don’t have health insurance?
- Q How does the ACA affect health savings accounts?
- Q What if an employer does not offer health insurance?
- Q Can my insurance company cancel my coverage?
The ACA Does THAT?
Some parts of the ACA have gone under the radar. Here are five features you may not have heard about.
Promotes Healthy Habits Funds Community Health Centers Offers Tax Credits to Small Businesses Closes the Medicare “Donut Hole” Expands Mental Health Coverage
How to Pick a Health Insurance Plan
Now that the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces are open for business, many people are shopping for insurance for the first time.
Here's what you need to know
Health Insurance 101
Affordable Care Act Primer
The ACA law may be huge -- 2400+ pages, actually -- but you don’t need to slog through it all. Use this cheat sheet instead.