Will health reform allow small businesses to get tax credits for insurance?

As the legislation exists in summer 2011, the Affordable Care Act will make tax credits available to small businesses to help them extend insurance coverage benefits to employees. Small businesses, or employers with fewer than 50 employees, can benefit from tax credits up to 35 percent (25 percent for small nonprofits) of their contribution to their employees' health insurance coverage. In time these percentages will increase to 50 percent (35 percent for nonprofits). It is estimated that up to 4 million small businesses qualify for these credits, so it is definitely worth investigating to see if you qualify.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
Can a group health plan deny me coverage based on my health status?
A group plan cannot deny you or any eligible family member coverage based on your health status, bec...
How will subsidies for exchanges be calculated under the ACA?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
According the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, subsidies for the exchange will be available ...
What Makes Martha Stewart Curious?
What Makes Martha Stewart Curious?