Will my health insurance premium increase under healthcare reform?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing

Unfortunately, we are continuing to see increases in our premiums. The Affordable Care Act allows the government to review increases in premiums from health insurance companies to assure that they are reasonable. This does not stop the premiums from increasing. Just this week, it was determined that premium increases by an insurance company in five states have been deemed “unreasonable”. This is a start in the right direction but certainly our insurance premiums are too high and continuing to grow.

For more information: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2012pres/01/20120112a.html

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
Who is eligible for the ACA tax credit for insurance premiums?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
Individuals are eligible for the premium tax credits if(1) they are not eligible for employer-provid...
Can I get tax credits to help me pay for health insurance?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
You may be able to get tax credits to help you pay for the health insurance you buy in the exchange....
How Does the Fiscal Crisis Impact Organizations Meals on Wheels?