Will healthcare reform require doctors to give up independent practice?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing
Healthcare reform does NOT require physicians to give up independent practice. However, physicians are continuing to see decreases in reimbursement which is a major reason that physicians are joining larger groups or becoming employees of other organizations such as health systems.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
How is the ACA tax credit on insurance premiums calculated?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
The premium tax credit will vary based on family income and the cost of health insurance in the exch...
What does the Affordable Care Act mean for me if I'm uninsured?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
If you are uninsured, you have access to health insurance - even if you have a pre-existing conditio...
What Is Center for Integration of Medicine and Innovative Technology's (CIMIT) Mission?