What medical expenses can I deduct under the healthcare reform plan?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing

Medical expense deduction limits have changed under the Affordable Care Act. Currently, taxpayers who itemize their returns can deduct the medical expenses from their taxable income that exceeds 7.5 percent of their adjusted gross income.

The Affordable Care Act increases that threshold to 10 percent in 2013. This means that less people will require for deductions.

Seniors age 65 and over and their spouses are exempt from the change until 2016.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/31/3988538/new-year-means-tax-increases-to.html#storylink=cpy

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
If I don't have health insurance, what will happen to me under the new law?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
In order not to be subject to a tax penalty, the deadline to enroll in health insurance is March 31s...
What is a student or college insurance plan?
A student or college insurance plan is health coverage that is offered specifically to students by a...
Why Is the Healthcare Industry Slow to Adopt Change?