What's the cost to employers to insure employees under healthcare reform?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing

A new study by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonprofit research group that tracks employer-sponsored health insurance on a yearly basis, shows that the average annual premium for family coverage through an employer reached $15,073 in 2011, an increase of 9 percent over the previous year.

The cost of family coverage has about doubled since 2001, when premiums averaged $7,061, compared with a 34 percent gain in wages over the same period.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
What does the new healthcare law mean for African Americans?
AARPAARP
The new health care law provides to all Americans several new benefits, and many of these are partic...
If I don't have health insurance, what will happen to me under the new law?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
In order not to be subject to a tax penalty, the deadline to enroll in health insurance is March 31s...
What Changes Do You Foresee for the Future of Healthcare?