If I do not buy health insurance, what happens to me?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing

Beginning January 2014, the law requires most people to have health insurance. If you do not have health insurance, there is penalty. The first year the penalty is $95 or 1 percent of the family income, whichever is greater. This fee will be collected when you file your federal income taxes. The penalty will be collected in your taxes.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
What is the health care reform law?
Edtrina MossEdtrina Moss
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law in 2010. Some aspects of the law were implemented ...
What gaps in access to insurance are addressed by U.S. healthcare reform?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
One of the stated goals of the Obama Administration in passing the Affordable Care Act was to increa...
How Should Companies Market Health to Consumers?