The Affordable Care Act’s changes to Medicare allow seniors to have an annual physical exam at no cost to them. If you are new to Medicare, that includes your “Welcome to Medicare” physical during your first year of coverage under Medicare Part B. The purpose of this exam is to review your current state of health and discuss other preventive services you should consider. After this first visit you can then take advantage of the free annual “Wellness Exam” to reassess and continue with your plan to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Q How does the Affordable Care Act affect income-related Medicare premiums?
- Q How does the healthcare law improve access to primary care with Medicare?
- Q What does the Affordable Care Act mean for me if I have Medicare?
- Q For which services does U.S. healthcare reform eliminate coinsurance?
- Q How does U.S. healthcare reform change Medicare Advantage plans?
- Q How will U.S. healthcare reform expand Medicaid?