Based on the Affordable Care Act, beginning in 2014, tax credits will be available for people under age 65 who purchase coverage on their own in a health insurance Exchange and are not covered through their employer, Medicare or Medicaid. The following link takes you to a tool that allows the user to examine the impact at different income levels, ages, family sizes, and regional costs.
- Q What does the Affordable Care Act mean for me if I'm uninsured?
- Q How will subsidies for exchanges be calculated under the ACA?
- Q What is the health care reform law?
- Q Does the new healthcare law benefit early retirees?
- Q What is a state insurance exchange?
- Q What gaps in access to insurance are addressed by U.S. healthcare reform?