How does the Affordable Care Act change the way health insurance works?

The Affordable Care Act makes it easier for all Americans to get and keep health insurance. An insurance company must insure you even if you are or have been sick. Also, they can’t drop your coverage if you get sick.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Since the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces opened for business in 2013, many more people have been regularly shopping for ins...
If I have healthcare coverage at work, how will the new law affect me?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
Some people are not seeing changes in their employer-sponsored healthcare. However, your employer is...
Does coverage end on the dependent’s 26th birthday?
Coverage does not necessarily end on a dependent's 26th birthday. If you are currently covered under...
What Are the Funding Issues Surrounding Meals on Wheels?