Healthcare providers, like hospitals and physicians, are NOT on all health plans. Each health plan works with providers to determine their own network of hospitals and physicians. Therefore, it is important to understand which hospitals and physicians are connected with a health insurance plan you may be considering. This is also something that changes from year to year since the insurance company will sign new contracts with providers each year. As you renew your health insurance each year, check the designated network of providers before making your final decision.
- Q How does the new healthcare law improve insurance practices?
- Q How will the Affordable Care Act help if I have a preexisting condition?
- Q How is the ACA tax credit on insurance premiums calculated?
- Q What does the Affordable Care Act mean for me if I'm uninsured?
- Q What gaps in access to insurance are addressed by U.S. healthcare reform?
- Q How does the Affordable Care Act change the way health insurance works?