What does the new healthcare law mean for African Americans?

The new health care law provides to all Americans several new benefits, and many of these are particularly critical to African Americans. In particular, the new law increases efforts to reduce disparities in health and health care experienced by African Americans under the old health care system. You will see some of these changes in 2010. Others are phased in for the next several years. By knowing what’s in the law and when the different provisions take effect, you and your family can take advantage of the changes.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How to Pick a Plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace
Now that the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces are open for business, many people are shopping for insurance for the first tim...
How do I know if domestic partners are covered under my plan?
To find out if domestic partners are covered under your plan, check directly with your health insure...
How can one determine eligibility for a subsidy under ACA?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
There are several steps to help you evaluate if you are eligible for a subsidy under Obamacare, The ...
System Solutions for Changing Healthcare