How does the new healthcare law improve insurance practices?

The new health care law makes key improvements in insurance practices:
As of 2010, insurance companies can’t drop your health coverage if you become sick. Your health insurance is guaranteed, as long as you pay your premiums.

Insurance companies can no longer place lifetime or restrictive annual limits on your health coverage. This change will ensure that your benefits won’t run out when you need them the most. The ban on lifetime limits begins in 2010, while the ban on annual limits begins in 2014.

Starting in 2014, you cannot be denied health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

How can one determine eligibility for a subsidy under ACA?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
There are several steps to help you evaluate if you are eligible for a subsidy under Obamacare, The ...
Can I get tax credits to help me pay for health insurance?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
You may be able to get tax credits to help you pay for the health insurance you buy in the exchange....
How Is Healthcare Getting Better?
How Is Healthcare Getting Better?
How Has Healthcare Marketing Changed in the Last Decade?