Do the annual limit rules apply to grandfathered health plans?

Grandfathered individual health insurance policies are not required to follow the annual limit rules in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Grandfathered plans are health plans that were in existence on March 23, 2010, and haven’t been changed in ways that substantially cut benefits or increase costs for plan holders. If you are unsure if your plan is a grandfathered policy, talk to your benefits administrator or call the customer service number on your insurance ID card. 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

What does the Affordable Care Act mean for me if I buy my own insurance?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
If you buy your own coverage, the 2010 health care law benefits you because it: Makes it easier ...
If We Didn't Have Smart Phones Would We Still Have TicTrac?
Why Are Healthcare Providers Slow to Adopt Technology?
Why Should Patients be so Concerned About Privacy in a World of Social Media?