Can the healthcare law help me if I have a pre-existing condition?

If you have been uninsured for at least six months and have been denied health coverage because of health problems, you may be able to get coverage now. This coverage -- called the Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan -- is already available in your state. This program continues until exchanges start in 2014, when you will be able to get insurance through the exchange regardless of your health status.

Exchanges are new marketplaces where you will be able to shop for health insurance. You’ll be able to compare the benefits and costs of health plans side-by-side. You can get information about the costs when the exchange begins enrollment in every state in late 2013. Coverage starts in 2014. 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Reform

What Do You Hope for in Medical Technology for the Future?
Where Are Body Sensors Going in the Future?
Being in the Health Care business 30 Years, What Surprises You the most Affordable Healthcare?
What Is Big Data in Health?
What Is Big Data in Health?