Healthcare Reform

Can the healthcare law help me if I have a pre-existing condition?

• If you have been uninsured for at least six months and have been denied health coverage because of health problems, you may be able to get coverage now. This coverage -- called the Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan -- is already available in your state. This program continues until exchanges start in 2014, when you will be able to get insurance through the exchange regardless of your health status.

Exchanges are new marketplaces where you will be able to shop for health insurance. You’ll be able to compare the benefits and costs of health plans side-by-side. You can get information about the costs when the exchange begins enrollment in every state in late 2013. Coverage starts in 2014. 
    2 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
Can I choose my own doctor under federal laws protecting consumers?