Health Care Issues

What is the most critical medical issue Americans face?

• AConnie Haralson, Psychology, answered

I concur with Dr. Oz and Dr. Chopra that Obesity is the most critical medical issue Americans face. Obesity can lead to diabetes, heart disease, depression, and musculoskeletal issues. A recently study from the CDC in Atlanta shows a strong link with chronic disease and depression. Dr. Chopra’s remarks are spot on that we live in a society where addictive behavior is the norm. We are addicted to drama, alcohol, drugs, food, lifestyles, etc.; things that provide us gratification in the short-term, but what about the long-term? We owe it to ourselves to invest in creating positive meaning and purpose in our lives and investing in our health, family, friends, and spirituality. 

Have you ever started a diet, exercise program, or project and was motivated in the beginning, but lost your momentum after a week or so? I have! Have you ever asked the question, “why?” Too often we attribute our “failures” to a lack of willpower or we didn’t try hard enough, but is this true? Research shows that how we think and believe can impact our goals. If we continue to fall short of our personal goals it might be time to call in a personal change expert, like myself. I can help you dig deeper to understand the “whys” and uncover your beliefs about personal successes and failures. Together we will create action plans to help you get back on track and to create lasting change!

• ADeepak Chopra, Alternative & Complementary Medicine, answered
    Deepak Chopra - Critical Issue

Most medical experts agree that obesity is the single biggest health problem in our country today. In this video, Dr. Chopra reveals another critical health issue that, in combination with obesity, accounts for 95 percent of illness.

• ADr. Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered
    Dr. Oz - Critical Medical Issue in US

Two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the devastating and far-reaching impact that obesity has on our nation's health.

How can I litigate if I have suffered from job discrimination?