Would a pharmacist ever suggest I switch to a different prescription drug?

Most pharmacists cannot prescribe medication, but they can advise you about the drugs you take, both prescription and over-the-counter. They can talk to you about common side effects associated with your medications and about potential interactions between them. If your pharmacist raises any concerns about a medication you're taking, follow up with your doctor.

A clinical pharmacist -- one who works in a hospital or clinic setting -- may be able to prescribe some drugs.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

How do hospitalists work with specialists and other doctors?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Hospitalists ask other specialists for consults, support in the emergency room, and more.
What type of primary care physician (PCP) is best for me?
Dr. Scott A. Wolf, DODr. Scott A. Wolf, DO
The choice of which type of primary care physician (PCP) is best for you may come down to where you ...
Is Our Healthcare System a Sick Care System?
Are Physicians and Family Physicians Disconnected from Their Patients Today?