Will my primary care physician see me in the hospital?

A primary care physician may come to see you in the hospital, but it's unlikely.

Primary care physicians don't see patients in the hospital, but they are notified of the visit and results.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

New Insights into Preventing Type 2 Diabetes and Choosing the Right Doctor
Q: I know people who have developed type 2 diabetes who aren’t particularly overweight or sedentary. Does that mean anyone can get it? What can I do t...
What is the patient-centered medical home (PCMH)?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) is a model of care practiced by primary care physicians (PC...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
Is the Doctor/Patient Relationship Changing with Healthcare Technology Advances?