Will my primary care physician see me in the hospital?

A primary care physician may come to see you in the hospital, but it's unlikely.

Primary care physicians don't see patients in the hospital, but they are notified of the visit and results.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Major Health Risk You Take Every Day
Most people think smoking is the worst thing they can possibly do for their health. But in reality, perhaps the worst thing of all is something most o...
What does the suffix -itis mean in medical terminology?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
A word that ends in -itis simply means "inflammation." For example, bursitis describes an inflamed b...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Can We Get People More Engaged With Their Health?