Why should I only use accredited hospitals?

Is the hospital accredited by The Joint Commission? If so, it means the hospital has voluntarily met national health and safety standards. You don’t need to interrogate an Emergency Department (ED) staffer to find this out; you can learn if the hospital is accredited (as well as how it’s performing in several key areas) at The Joint Commission’s Quality Check website.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Will my primary care physician be informed of my urgent care visit?
CareNowCareNow
Yes, follow-up notes are shared with a primary care physician (PCP) when a patient provides their PC...
Is Our Healthcare System a Sick Care System?
How Do You Define mHealth?
How Do You Define mHealth?
Is the Healthcare System Becoming More Transparent?