Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q Can a family member request a physician consult for a loved one?
- Q What are the benefits of having a family doctor?
- Q Is mainstream medicine too far removed from nature?
- Q Should I make a list of the estate planning professionals who helped me?
- Q Are urgent care fees higher than a hospital ER?
- Q What are some tips for me to help family members who are in the hospital?