Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q What should I know before I become involved in a drug development process?
- Q What is the drug development process?
- Q What are symptoms of sick building syndrome?
- Q How do I know if transplantation is the right treatment for me?
- Q How can health information technology (health IT) reduce paperwork?
- Q What is concierge medicine?