Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q What documents should I prepare after the death of a loved one?
- Q What is the difference between an acute condition and a chronic disease?
- Q Will my primary care physician be informed of my urgent care visit?
- Q What is the correct way to take an axillary temperature?
- Q What tax return information should I organize before I die?
- Q What is a eureka moment for a scientist?