Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q When is urgent care best?
- Q How do urgent care physicians compare to primary care physicians?
- Q How can I protect myself from medical-related identity theft and fraud?
- Q What are the treatment options for swelling after surgery?
- Q Does a temperature of 96 degrees F mean I'm sick?
- Q Why might a person with a terminal illness become more spiritual?