Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q How can we prevent biodiversity extinction?
- Q What does the term “incidence” mean?
- Q What are the benefits of having a family doctor?
- Q Why would I need to check an axillary temperature?
- Q What agencies can provide benefits after a loved one's death?
- Q Will my primary care physician be informed of my urgent care visit?