Swirling around in your body is a gas called nitric oxide (N.O.). It plays a pretty big role in keeping your body healthy by turning on a chain reaction in your cells that allows blood vessels to relax and dilate. The decline in N.O. that occurs as we age is partly responsible for such problems as sleep disorders and erectile dysfunction (turns out nitric oxide helps control erections).
Activate the release of nitric oxide in your body through deep nasal breathing. Or head for the sauna -- the heat helps your body release N.O.
- Q What legal and financial documents should I organize before I die?
- Q What are biologicals?
- Q What are some tips for me to help family members who are in the hospital?
- Q How can I find reliable health information?
- Q What are the benefits of having a family doctor?
- Q Why is it important to take care of minor health problems?