Why is it important to ask about the operating room team?

Dr. Dede Bonner
Health Education Specialist

A good surgeon typically works with the same few anesthesiologists, nurses and medical assistants. Of course, there are some personnel and shift changes that are unavoidable. But the longer or more frequently a surgical team has worked together—just like any other team—the better they are together. Getting a seasoned surgical team may not be an option for you. It also may not be a deal-breaker for choosing a surgeon or hospital. But it’s nice if you can get it. And it’s probably something that never occurred to you until now.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

A Nurse's Perspective: The 3 Most Awesome Healthcare Tips
As the head nurse at a level 2 trauma center, I listen and communicate with empathy to help my patients to survive, heal and go home healthier. But I’...
Why should I become an organ donor?
You should become an organ donor because donating healthy body parts after your death can save the l...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
What's Changed About Treating the Health of Children?