Why would a hospitalist need to contact my primary care doctor?

A hospitalist would need to contact your primary care doctor when he or she has any questions regarding you. Once you are discharged from the hospital, your primary care doctor will call the hospitalist with any questions, keeping that continuity of care. It is hard for primary care doctors to come to the hospital, so hospitalists represent them in the hospital.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Planning Ahead for Your Health
Planning Ahead for Your Health
Are you not very strong-minded when it comes to handling your healthcare needs? Or perhaps you just don’t know what you want in th...
How are surgical instruments different for pediatric surgery?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
The instruments used in pediatrics are smaller and can operate in a smaller space.
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
How Do We Encourage Preventive Care?
How Do We Encourage Preventive Care?