After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q What features should I look for in a mail-order pharmacy?
- Q Why are there so many medication errors in hospitals?
- Q Who qualifies for the PPARx prescription assistance program?
- Q What role do doctors and healthcare providers play in the PPARx program?
- Q Can I have drug coverage and qualify for a patient assistance program?
- Q How are pediatric medication mistakes prevented?