After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q How does a person react to non prescription medicines?
- Q What are the side effects of post-transplant medication?
- Q Should I stop using medications from New England Compounding Center?
- Q What common medication mistakes do pediatricians make?
- Q How many new medicines are in development for women?
- Q How can I swallow pills more easily?