After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q What is drug tolerance?
- Q What features should I look for in a mail-order pharmacy?
- Q How does Rx Response determine a severe public health emergency?
- Q What are some additional resources for prescription drug assistance?
- Q Can food affect my medication?
- Q What should I know about a dosage form?