After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q What are some alternatives that help patients access medications?
- Q What is Rx Response and how does it help patients when a disaster hits?
- Q Why is there a rise in drug interaction problems?
- Q What are some tips for throwing away medications?
- Q How are pediatric medication mistakes prevented?
- Q What if I am eligible for more than one assistance program?