After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q What are the most common side effects of all medications?
- Q How can those 55 years of age or older get help paying for drugs?
- Q What should I use to measure medication?
- Q How do medication errors happen in the hospital?
- Q What is Rx Response and how does it help patients when a disaster hits?
- Q What is the most powerful pill in my medicine cabinet?