After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q What is medical therapy?
- Q How can I avoid running out of my medication?
- Q Can food affect my medication?
- Q How can I check on the status of my prescription assistance application?
- Q How can I decrease the chance of medication errors?
- Q What should I do when I pick up my child’s prescription from the pharmacy?