After a number of years the patent expires, and generic drug manufacturers can begin making and selling copies of the brand-name drug under a generic name. Generic drug manufacturers are able to sell their products for lower prices, not because the products are of lesser quality, but because generic manufacturers generally do not have to pay for the costs of research and development, marketing and promotion.
- Q Will I have to pay for my drugs if I am in the assistance program?
- Q How safe are OTC medications for sleep problems in people with dementia?
- Q Can the PPARx enroll seniors in the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit?
- Q Are multisymptom over-the-counter (OTC) drugs safe for my child?
- Q Why is there a rise in drug interaction problems?
- Q What are the core principles of the Rx Response program?