Where should I store my medication?

The bathroom medicine cabinet is the worst place to keep medication. The humidity and warmth can break down the formulations, rendering them ineffective. Heat and light can weaken them too. A great place for medications is on the top shelf of a dark, cool linen closet. A high kitchen cabinet (one that’s not above the stove or refrigerator) is another possibility. But don’t forget that some enterprising tykes like to push chairs over to kitchen counters and climb.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What are the different types of care facilities for older adults?
Dr. Rachel R. Broudy, MDDr. Rachel R. Broudy, MD
Older adults who are looking to move to a care facility have three levels of options: Independent...
Why might a person who is dying reflect on her childhood?
David KuhlDavid Kuhl
To know who we are as adults we must understand who we were as children in the context of our fa...
What Components Does Patient Health Software Need to Improve Outcomes?
Taking Charge of Your Own Health
Taking Charge of Your Own Health