What type of trauma center is best to go to if I’m seriously injured?

To a large degree, you don't really have a choice about where to go when you’re seriously injured—in a motor vehicle accident, for example. That said, you would want to go to a Level I trauma center that's closest to the scene of the accident. If you are taken to a lower-level trauma center, you can request transfer to a Level I center for a higher level of care.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Epigenetics: Why Your Lifestyle Choices May Leave Your Family a Legacy of Health
Photo Credit: Juhan Sonin, via Flickr Creative Commons Dr. Dean Ornish and his colleagues broke ground when they found our lifestyle choices could tu...
What is the difference between an acute condition and a chronic disease?
National Center for HomeopathyNational Center for Homeopathy
An acute condition is one that lasts for a short time but can begin quickly and have intense symptom...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
What Do You Do Once You've Discovered a New Virus?