What kind of training does a clinical social worker have?

Clinical social workers possess a master’s degree in social work or social sciences (M.S.W., M.A.) followed by supervised experience leading to state licensure and eligibility in the Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW). Clinical social workers offer psychotherapy and, compared with other mental health professions, specialize in community work. Tip: Look for a social worker extensively trained in clinical work and psychotherapy, not in social services or administration.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
What is a primary care physician (PCP)?
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterTriStar Centennial Medical Center
A primary care physician can be one of your most valuable assets when it comes to your health. He or...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Has the Idea of the Minute Clinic Impacted Healthcare?