What are the most common side effects of all medications?

The most common side effects of prescription drugs -- regardless of the type -- are drowsiness, allergic reactions, nausea and vomiting and heart problems, such as heart palpitations.

There are some medications, however, that can cause side effects that are wildly different from those common side effects.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Epigenetics: Why Your Lifestyle Choices May Leave Your Family a Legacy of Health
Dr. Dean Ornish and his colleagues broke ground when they found that our lifestyle choices could turn on or off more than 500 genes that affect health...
A Nurse's Perspective: 3 Smart Ways to Take Charge of Your Health Care
As a frontline registered nurse and an administrative supervisor for clinical care in a Level I trauma center, I know about the power of communicating...
How might my loved one react to the diagnosis of a terminal illness?
David KuhlDavid Kuhl
The moment someone is told that their illness will likely result in death, time changes. Paradox...
What Are Your Biggest Challenges Communicating Issues in Global Public Health?