What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Questions that you must ask your surgeon include board certification, years in practice, records of malpractice suits, specialization in the procedure that your are hoping to undergo. You want to ask all the risks and complications, as well as alternative surgical options that you may have for the procedure that you are hoping to undergo. You may ask for recommendations from patients, as well as ask to see countless numbers of before and after photographs of the surgical procedure that you hope to undergo.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Medications and Mosquitoes: The Latest Developments
Q: Congress passed a Right-to-Try bill, which means that people who are terminally ill can try new drugs without FDA approval. That’s a good thing, ri...
What is the role of urgent care in today’s healthcare system?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
Urgent care plays an important role in our healthcare system.  Urgent medical care is needed when so...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Do You Do Once You've Discovered a New Virus?