What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Questions that you must ask your surgeon include board certification, years in practice, records of malpractice suits, specialization in the procedure that your are hoping to undergo. You want to ask all the risks and complications, as well as alternative surgical options that you may have for the procedure that you are hoping to undergo. You may ask for recommendations from patients, as well as ask to see countless numbers of before and after photographs of the surgical procedure that you hope to undergo.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
In hockey, cross-checking means a player with both hands on his raised hockey stick slams into an opposing player. That’s against NHL rules and earns ...
Will my primary care physician be informed of my urgent care visit?
CareNowCareNow
Yes, follow-up notes are shared with a primary care physician (PCP) when a patient provides their PC...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
When Will We See More Personalized Medicine as Part of Treatment?