What is the proper way to strap someone to a spine board?

There are several strapping options available to strap someone to a spine board, and a rescuer should always choose the method they have practiced and are most comfortable using. No matter what option you choose, the body should be strapped securely enough to allow the board to be turned on its side in case the victim begins to vomit. Arms can be left free during the stabilization process, but once the torso is secure, hands can be taped or strapped to the top of the body.

(This answer provided for NATA by Justin Smith MA, ATC, LAT.)

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Will my primary care physician see me in the hospital?
Doctors Hospital of SarasotaDoctors Hospital of Sarasota
A primary care physician may come to see you in the hospital, but it's unlikely.
Taking Charge of Your Own Health
Taking Charge of Your Own Health
How Can Healthcare Providers Manage So Much Health Data?
What Is DigitasHealth?
What Is DigitasHealth?